HomeQ - HomeEq took insurance money (escrow) & gave to crooked contractor after I warned them about him!

23 of 91 HomeQ reviews

HomEq took my money in escrow and gave it to a crooked contractor who didn't do any work at all.Every time I call HomeEq they give me the run around.

I faxed them (they claim they didn't receive them, yet I have copies) and warned them about him. They will not send an adjuster to see what he didn't do. They say they do not even have to send any documentation, "it's their right". I've dedicated my blog http://jamesvaughn.ebloggy.com and started a new forum http://whoenforcesthelaw.proboards.com to put an end to HomEq's b.s.

I have an attorney who is equally as mad, and may consider a MASS LAWSUIT against HomEq, if enough are interested. Come join me! I don't even have a bedroom roof/ceiling and 3/4 of my living room is gone.

I have lived like this since May 8th, 2009!I am disabled, and HomEq could care less.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
23 of 91 HomeQ reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Lol Jimmy!

Jun 02, 2010 #149308

Jimmy! - Homeq was just sold from Barclays to Ocwen.

They are a mortgage servicer, except with a lower rating than Homeq, and 90% of their employees are in India.

That's right, in a few months, all your Homeq calls will be routed to Ocwen in India.

Good luck - maybe try being honest and/or get educated a little. Homeq is not the contractor, they are not the ones screwing you - we have these little things called laws and rules that companies have to go by.

Good luck with the roof.

JamesVee

May 27, 2010 #147574

Yes, I have contacted the local media with no results. Even a very reputable contractor wanting to fix the house reported it to the media, again no results. HomEq has released all funds to the crooked contractor. They tried to get me to file "another" insurance claim, which they *tried* to trick me, the initial claim was May 9th, a day after the 2009 storm, plus they already paid the cheating contractor who forged the first check, which I proved and have the police report that I faxed HomEq! After that, the checks went straight to the crooked contractor, without my name even on them! This HomEq needs shut down, period...

anonomous

May 27, 2010 #147564

Mr. Vee,
This really angers me...
Have you contacted the news media?
Best of luck to you.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.