HomEq is so messed up.They raised our payment from $538 to $864 for "escrow shortage" and when I call to ask about it, there is not one single person that will explain it to me.

Of course, if I don't make the higher pymt. I will default on the loan, so what am I supposed to do? Nobody can help me! It is more than frustrating!

Who can I contact about this?

We are being held hostage by our loan company and that is exactly what our President said was not going to happen.I need advice please.

Comments

I have a problem with Home eq. When they sold my mortage off to Owen their records showed that I only had 2.70 in my escrow account. Prior to this sale my mortage was adjusted with home eq to make up for my shortages. Since that adjustment I thought that everyting was taken care of until my account was sold to owen, and they did a escrow analysis and said i was short about 2700.00 in my escrow account. I have written to them several times asking for the transactions on my escrow account for the last 18 to 24 months so I can see what the *** home eq did with my escow money. My taxes are paid in Jan, Feb, and september of each year. According to my records home eq paid my school taxes in sept 2009, my town taxes in jan 2010 and then my home insurance in feb 2010.

From march 2010 there was 482.00 dollars going into my account up until the time it was sold to owen which was in sept 2010. and owen told me that there was only 2.70 in my escrow account which made my escow short when it came to paying my school taxes in sept 2010. Now owen had to adjust my mortage payment to fix my escrow shortage. My question to owen and anyone who can help me in this situation what happened to my money in the amount of 482 a month from march of 2010 till sept 2010. Accrording to my calulations that was six months of monies going into my account which was a total in the amount of 2,892.00 dollars. I have contacted owen again about this matter and waiting for some kind of answer. Please I am looking for someone that can help me with this and maybe help me to get in touch with home eq. It is like they fell off the face of the earth and no where to be found.

Regards

Laura j. Doyle

Oh aren't you just the regular know it all?Someone that knows my ***!

I would be willing to bet that you were one that worked for them SOB'S THAT HAS DONE NOTHING BUT PUT ME THRU *** SENSE I THEY PURCHASED MY MORTGAGE FROM ANOTHER AND ANOTHER! IT'S JUST A CIRCUS AND WE ARE THE AUDIENCE WATCHING YOU TAKE OUR HOMES OR TRY SHOULD I SAY!

BECAUSE IT'S NOT HAPPENING ON MY PART I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

You do relise that as of the date of this post 02/07/11 that HomEq is not even a company right.

Loan sent over seas and workers sent home as of 10/29/10

So I think you should look at your statment 1more time and see who is servicing you.

However a shortage happens when companies didnt get enough money and I will give you the most common (But not only) way this happens......

Your loans gets analyzed 1nce a year in dec. your taxes are due in jan. when a company searches in dec they find an increase for last year, make the adjustment for the year they paid too much and didn't collect enough and send you a notice in jan or feb.

Although your taxes may adjust again a mo or 2 later they will not re-analyze this again for a year and in this economy we are paying for 2 wars that started 2 campiengs ago and an economic breakdown that followed from all the borrowing to pay for it, so guess what, taxes are now rising.

You may wanna ask them to re-analyze your taxes after tax time but beware this may increase them yet again depending on when they analysed the last ones. You may also request to spread your escrow over a longer term.